Welcome to Mindful Massage and Yoga. We are 100% committed to your satisfaction.
Please read each policy to ensure that you have a GREAT experience with us.
Massage Therapy Policies
- If I am not able to make a scheduled appointment, I agree to cancel or reschedule the appointment at least 24 hours in advance. I agree to pay $35 if I give less than 24 hours notice.
- I agree to pay the full session rate if I give 2 hrs notice or less, or if I miss an appointment without giving notice.
- If, within 24 hours of my session, I develop a contagious illness, or have a sudden, unplanned health or personal emergency rendering me unable to make my appointment, I will inform Mindful Massage and Yoga right away, and if they are unable to fill my vacancy, I will pay the cancellation fee, or session fee (if less than 2 hours notice), unless an exception is granted, only at the discretion of Mindful Massage and Yoga.
- I understand that I am still responsible for my appointment until I hear back from a staff member confirming they received my email, phone call or text requesting cancellation/rescheduling.
Arriving on Time/Session Length
- I understand I must arrive 5-10 minutes early for any appointment in order to get the full session time I have scheduled. If I arrive on time, or late, I understand the therapist can only give me whatever time remains of my appointment, and that I will pay for the full length of session that I booked.
- I understand that in order for me to receive the best massage therapy possible, I know that I have to communicate ANYTHING and everything, including my needs, preferences, requests or feedback, at any time before, during, or after my massage. I take it upon myself to communicate right away if there is anything distracting me or if I feel unwell or uncomfortable at any time during the session so that she can make adjustments. I understand that my therapist wants my HONEST feedback – positive or negative – and doesn’t take offense to it.
Massage Therapy FAQs
- Q: Do you only see women over 40? A: Of course not, anyone and everyone is welcome!
- Q: What do I need to wear for Thai Massage? A: Comfortable clothing that you can move comfortably in, like work-out clothes.
- Q: I’ve never had a massage, what should I expect for my first session? A: Your massage will be in a private room. I will step out after explaining to you the process. You will always be covered with a sheet and blanket, only the areas being worked on will be uncovered during the session. We will have a brief consultation before your massage to discuss any of your concerns or you are welcome to call or text me with any questions before your massage appointment.
- Q: When should I not get a massage? A: If you are sick, feel as if you may be getting sick or have an acute injury, I ask that you reschedule your massage. As always, contact me if you are unsure.
- Q: Does massage hurt? A: Massage should never hurt! If you experience any pain or feeling of being uncomfortable during your session, speak up! Deeper pressure may be used in some areas, the pressure should never be so deep that it causes you to hold your breath or tense up.
- Q: Is it OK to talk during my massage? A:This is your time and you can talk if you want, but I will not initiate conversation. I encourage you to relax and enjoy the massage in silence, but if it makes you more comfortable to chat, that’s ok, too. As always, I want you to speak up if anything at all is bothering you.
- Q: What is the best way to schedule my massage or yoga session? A: The best way is whichever is most convenient to you. You may click on the “Book Now” button at the top of any page to schedule online. If you have questions or would prefer to call or text, you can contact me at 540-251-4295.
- For the satisfaction of all our yoga students, please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the class start time. This will allow you to center yourself before class and ensure everyone has a space to lay down their yoga mat.
- First-time, new students MUST arrive 15 minutes before class begins if they would like to take the class.
- Students who arrive more than 5 minutes after the posted class start time will not be permitted to enter the studio, regardless of circumstances. If you arrive within the 5 minute grace period, please enter the studio in silence as the class will be in the process of centering and pranayama. Please note: the 5 minute grace period is intended for rare emergencies only, and should not be considered an acceptable time to enter class regularly.
- If you must leave early from a class, please inform the instructor at the beginning of class, and take the place nearest the exit.
- We encourage our yogis to bring their own mats to the studio but we do have some available should the need arise.
- If you choose to bring water, please make sure the bottle has a lid so it will not spill.
- Please inform your teacher if you have any medical considerations including injuries, pregnancy or special medications that might require exercise modifications
- Lastly, please silence your phone or switch it to Airplane Mode when you arrive. Vibrate is not ‘silent’ as it can still be heard in our studio space.
- Your privacy is very important to us. Any personal information you choose to give us will only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality services, products, and support.
- We will never share your personal or financial information with any other party. We do not share bank or credit card information with any outside parties.
- As a cash free facility, please plan to make any in-person purchases with correct change, credit card or check.
- Unlimited Monthly plans expire as per the set term.
- We strongly encourage that you sign up in advance for Workshops and Series taught at the studio. Please know that if the event should not occur, you will be fully refunded.
- Workshop or Series cancellations received 72 hours or more before the first class of the Workshop or Series will be issued as refund. You may choose if the refund applies to your Acuity account or your personal bank account. Any student cancellations given within the 72 hour timeframe before the Workshop or Series start will not be refunded or used as an exchange for another event. A student missing one or more classes of the Workshop or Series will not be refunded, regardless if notice given. Please ensure you can attend all classes or understand the monetary ramifications of being unable to attend a class.
- Any student cancellations for Special Events or Group Sessions that occur within 72 hour time frame, as well as any no-shows, will not be refunded or used for exchange.
- If you need to cancel, please send an email to us immediately: email@example.com.
- Workshops could be cancelled by the studio if there’s insufficient interest, or if a teacher has an emergency. If the Workshop is cancelled you will be notified by email as soon as possible, and you will receive a full refund to your bank account or full credit toward your yoga account, the choice is yours.
Inclement Weather Policies
- Should weather effect our ability to hold scheduled classes, please check one of the following before you plan to drive: our schedule via the Acuity app on your phone, the Bee Kind Yoga or Mindful Massage and Yoga Facebook pages, or feel free to call Michelle: 540-808-8853.
- If Michelle is unable to teach, a trained and appropriate substitute teacher vetted by Michelle will teach in her place.
- Please refer to the Acuity app for scheduling on holidays. Michelle will inform weekly classes of the holiday schedule at classes prior to the holiday but also update the app with accurate information.